Russell Brand has been questioned by the Metropolitan Police in connection with historical sex offense allegations.
An investigation by the Sunday Times, the Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches uncovered allegations of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse against the British comedian and actor.
The brand has previously denied these claims.
The Met has confirmed that a man in his 40s attended a police station in south London on November 16, as first reported by the Times newspaper.
Police said he was interviewed under caution by detectives in relation to allegations of “three recent sexual offences”.
It said that investigations were continuing.
The Met said in September it would investigate allegations of sexual misconduct that were “not recent”, after receiving a number of allegations.
At the time, it encouraged anyone who believes they may have been a victim of sexual misconduct to contact them, “no matter how long ago it happened.”
Earlier that month, the Times, Sunday Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches program said four women had accused Brand, 48, of sexual offences, including rape, which allegedly occurred between 2006 and 2013.
The investigation stated that he also behaved inappropriately at work, and exhibited predatory and controlling behavior.
During this time, Brand held several jobs, including at Channel 4 and BBC Radio 2.
The BBC has contacted Brand for comment but has not received a response.
He previously denied the claims and said the relationship was “always” consensual.
The day before the investigation was published online in September, Brand shared a video on social media.
In his statement, he denied the “serious criminal allegations” he said were leveled against him, and said the relationship had “always been consensual.”
Following allegations of “non-recent” sexual misconduct reported to the Met later that month, Brand issued another video in which he criticized mainstream media but did not directly address the allegations against him.