North American Air Defense Command’s (NORAD) Underground Bunker in Cheyenne Mountain
Welcome to Bunker Talk! This weekend, we have an open discussion post where we can chat about all the important matters that happened this week. Here, we can cover the things that were missed and also discuss anything else that interests you. In other words, it’s an off-topic thread where we can freely share our thoughts and opinions.
This week’s main photo captures the attention immediately. It showcases two colossal steel doors, each weighing an impressive 30 tons. These doors play a crucial role in sealing off NORAD’s underground combat operations center in the event of an attack. The photograph, taken on January 26, 1966, depicts the doors installed within 17-foot thick reinforced concrete barriers. These barriers are a part of the tunnel that leads to the defense command post inside Cheyenne Mountain, near Colorado Springs. The image gives us a glimpse into the impressive engineering and security measures that NORAD implemented.
Before we delve into our discussion, let’s establish some ground rules:
1. Respectful Political Discussions: While politics can be a deeply engaging topic, it’s important to remember that everyone may not share the same perspective. Therefore, it is crucial to engage in respectful and civil discussions, without resorting to petty insults or personal attacks. We want to foster a healthy environment for sharing ideas and opinions.
2. Trashy Political Vehicle Memes and Conspiracy Theories: In order to cultivate meaningful conversations, we kindly request that you refrain from sharing trashy political vehicle memes or engaging in conspiracy theory rants. Additionally, please avoid linking crackpot sites that may disseminate unreliable information. Our aim is to maintain a high standard of discourse.
3. Trolling and Obsessive Behavior: Trolling and excessive engagement with other users in an obsessive manner will not be tolerated. If you prefer not to interact with certain individuals, it is best to simply avoid engaging with them. Mutual respect is key to fostering a positive community atmosphere.
4. Mindful Engagement: It is essential to use common sense and avoid feeding the trolls. Your actions contribute equally to maintaining a respectful environment. If you do not appreciate a particular comment or post, you have the option to use the mute button or simply scroll past it. Your contribution to maintaining a healthy environment is greatly appreciated.
5. Quality Contributions: We encourage you to share your thoughts and opinions, but please ensure your comments are of quality and contribute to the overall discussion. Be mindful of treating others with respect, even if their worldview differs from yours. We acknowledge that no perfect solution exists when moderating a community like this, so let’s prioritize constructive conversation.
6. Report Violators: We kindly request that you report individuals who violate these guidelines. However, it is important to note that reporting should not be solely based on political disagreements. We rely on your assistance to help us maintain a community that fosters healthy communication.
Now that we have laid out the rules, let’s move on to our discussion for this week!